Have you always wanted to see Santa Claus fly by in his reindeer carriage? Then come to Montreux next December with our extraordinary Advent trip, where you will see Charlie Chaplin again. Christmas spirit is guaranteed with a fascinating train ride to a romantic alpine chalet followed by a fondue dinner.
Day 1 Arrival - Christmas Market of the Alps of Montreux
Journey via Bern to Montreux. You will stay in an excellent **** hotel directly above Montreux. In the evening stroll through the Christmas market of Montreux directly on Lake Geneva. From 5 p.m. Santa Claus will start his flight. The 160 chalets of the Christmas market transform the lake backdrop of the famous spa and festival town into a magical wonderland with thousands of lights. Dinner on request in the hotel's refined restaurant.
Day 2 Chillon, Charlie and the Chalet
After breakfast, take a detour to Chillon, the famous moated castle invites jugglers, craftsmen and farm animals within its walls at Christmas. Together with a guide in medieval costume, you will discover the mystical castle and its secrets, offering you numerous catering options. On request, wine tasting with the wines of the castle (extra charge).
Afterwards, we recommend a visit to the fascinating wonderland of Charlie Chaplin. The breathtaking staging of his films and life in the vast underground studios beneath the mansion he and his family inhabited for decades will enchant young and old alike. (bookable for an additional fee)
For dinner, we'll take a starlit train up into the mountains. At our wooden chalet, decorated for Christmas, you will be welcomed by an alphorn player (for an extra charge) and then enjoy a Swiss cheese fondue with a magnificent view over the evening Lake Geneva. This eventful day will end in a cozy atmosphere at the hotel bar.
Day 3 Departure via Broc and Bern
Christmas without chocolate is like soup without salt. That is why we recommend that you open the gates to the chocolate world of Caillier at the end of your trip. After visiting the chocolate manufactory and the museum's world of experience (bookable at an extra charge), you will surely find exceptional Swiss chocolate specialties for yourself and your loved ones in the boutique. Or stop in Gruyère, Gruyère in German, and visit the medieval castle that towers imposingly over the town. Nearby is a cheese dairy where a culinary stop might also be worthwhile. Afterwards, return home via Bern.
- 2 x bed and breakfast at ****Hotel directly near Montreux
- Dinner with fondue speciality in a typical mountain chalet
- Admission to the Christmas Chillon Castle
- Guided tour in costume at Chillon Castle
- Train ride into the mountains with the star train
- Visit to the Montreux Christmas Market
- Riviera Card for the use of public transport in the Montreux/Vevey area
Optional additional services
- Bus for the Transfers
- Half board on arrival day (from 40,00 EUR p.p.)
- Wine tasting at the Chillon Castle (25,00 EUR p.p.)
- Entrance to the Charlie Chaplin Museum in Vevey (13,50 EUR p.p.)
- Reception at the chalet by an alphorn player (180,00 EUR)
- Visit to the Caillier chocolate factory ( 13,00 EUR p.p.)
- Wine tasting with 3 Chasselas wines as well as introduction to viticulture in the Lavaux area by
means of a 20 minutes film (15,00 EUR p.p.)
- Cheese dairy tour including tasting of 3 cheeses in Gruyère 6,00 EUR p.p.
- Entrance to the castle in Gruyère 8,50 EUR p.p.
For this trip there is an obligatory tourist tax of 4 EUR per night and TN. In return, your guests will receive the Riviera Card with many discounts and free local transport on Lake Geneva.
Price: from € 209,-- p. Person in Doubleroom
The minimum number of participants for this trip is 20 people
Travel documents: identity card or passport
Tel: +41 79-401 45 60
info (at) toggenburgexperience.com